Monday, June 12, 2006

varieties i am growing

Tomatoes: Cherokee Purple, Yellow Bell, White Currant, Rouge d'Irak, Brandywine. I also have one plant of 'Black Pineapple' and one plant of 'Yellow Pear' that i bought at a local sale. Yes, i know 'Yellow Pear' is boring but i like them anyway. I have it in a pot on the patio, i thought it would be fun for Chloe to watch and pick them.

Eggplants: Turkish Orange & Rosa Bianca

Cucumbers: Mexican sour gherkin & White Wonder

Lettuce: black-seeded simpson, merveille des quatres saisons, and roquette

Carrots: St. Valery

Leeks: American Flag

Watermelons: Petite Yellow

Bush beans: Royalty Purple Pod

Basil: Sweet Genovese

Ornamentals: Hyacinth bean, Sunflower 'lemon queen', and marigolds ('safari yellow' i think? Some common ones that i bought a whole flat of. These are the only thing in the veggie garden that i did not grow from seed myself.)

I got my seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds and Southern Exposure Seed Exchange. I will put these links (and others) in the sidebar when i get a chance.

No comments: