Monday, June 23, 2008

pictures

Zucchini leaf. I am not sure if the white coloring is just the variety or if it is some kind of disease. Because, you know, i always think positively like that.
Pumpkin plant, and some baby leek volunteers. The pumpkin plant that we started inside met a bad end (somebody broke it clean off, stepped on it i suspect) so i threw in some seeds. They have grown relatively quickly but i am still not sure we will have time to actually get pumpkins from this variety. 120 days to maturity, blah.
I staked my tomatoes. I am attempting to prune them this year, i am hoping to keep some order in the garden with this pruning thing. Some of them have a blight already, like the one on the right in the picture. That is a marigold in the front.
Here is the flower of the marigold. This is an heirloom variety named 'Harlequin'. The flowers are very beautiful but you sometimes learn why things have fallen into 'heirloom' status. The plant is huge & bushy with just a few small flowers....like this one for example.
That's fine for the vegetable garden but i wouldn't want it in my flower border. Maybe they will bloom more later in the summer?
Dill is very pretty.
I didn't actually plant it, these are all volunteers from last year's dill.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wondered about the silvery markings the first time I grew zucchini, but they're supposed to look like that!