Wednesday, July 12, 2006

success!!

Beans! I have beans!! It was a big suprise when i saw them!

I guess i was not expecting them yet. I was dancing around waving my handful at A, he said 'gee that's great mom, now can you come put C to bed?'
I tried to get her to pose with the beans, before going to bed -- but she was more interested in the latest DVD to come from Netflix. Ah, the younger generation.

These beans are called 'Royalty Purple Pod' and they are quite tasty. They are quite pretty too, the shade of purple doesn't look right on my picture -- they are a really eggplant- like purple. The seed catalog says they turn green when you cook 'em, but i did not bother to cook 'em, we just ate them fresh and raw. I say 'we', because A did try them, and in fact he must have liked them because he ate about half of them (well, okay, he ate three -- there weren't that many yet). This is unusual for my vegetable-disliking children. We will see if C will eat one, tomorrow.

And, further investigations revealed an almost-mature cucumber! Hmmm, we might just have an interesting salad with our pizza this weekend ;)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

oooooh! Yay for the garden!